Thursday, January 17, 2008

Kids

Each day I watch our kids, I can not believe how big they are getting.

Lydia expresses herself so well these day. She still tells us stories about scary man in the popcorn leaves from the time we went to the corn maze. She tries every day to get us to give her somethings sweet. The other day she saw a candy that was given to her and asked if it was what Afa gave her( One day, at church, Afa handed Lydia this candy and I said she can have it later. I was just waiting for a good time to use it as a reward for something when it was spotted on our microwave. She happened to have just finished a good meal, so I forked the candy over) Watching movies is one of Lydia's favorite past times. She begs us to watch all sorts of different shows. She is smart enough to give us options, too. She says " How about... Dora"? If that's a no go, she continues "How about...Nemo"? That kind of talk can go on for a very long time!

Tyler has been sitting (with help) since he was 5 months. Now, he sits well, rolls all around and tries to grab everything in sight. The other day, as I was walking by a baby monitor which was sitting on a shelf, Tyler grabbed the cord and pulled it down. We can not sit at dinner table with him because he overturns out plates and makes passes for everything in sight. When he does sit with us at dinner time, generally, Paul and I take turns eating. What a grabber!

Tyler has become a bit more clingy lately. He wants to be with me as I go around the house doing daily tasks (he is no feather I might add). When he wants to study something from closer proximity, he just kind of bends over and tries to dive. He loves shredding magazines, pulling on our noses and jumping on our lap. When he is left sitting on the floor to play with his toys, he plays for a bit and then starts stretching very loudly. I don't know if that's from excitement or desperation while trying to get our attention.
This past week we started him on some cereal (which he ate) and some baby apple sauce which he was not as fond of.

As I stay at home each day I am amazed at these kids. They are so good, loving and just plain precious. As hard as it is to take care of them, I can't imagine doing somethings else everyday and missing out on those unforgettable moments that life is so full of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home