Saturday, August 02, 2014

Nyle is tired

I always know when Nyle is tired. He starts making very unreasonable requests. One time he did not think he had a first turn on the swing (which he really did), so he spent a good portion of the hour screaming for me to fix that. After talking to him for a while, trying to resolve the situation, I realized that he wanted to go back and have a due over. But pretend way of due over was not what he was looking for. How is that for a reasonable request?

Anyway, this time, we were coming home from a gym. As we approached a street we needed to cross to get to our van, Nyle ran right in the middle of it. Luckily, there were no car. I chewed him out and made hime hold my hand across the remainder of the street, which he did not like in the least. As the matter of fact, he wanted to go back and recross the street on his own. He screamed all the way to the car, requesting for us to turn back . I explained that he did something dangerous and that he was not allowed to cross the street without holding my hand this time. But we would try again later, next time, if he showed me that he can be safe. Talking to him did not help. That's when I realized that he was tired. He screamed for 5 minute about recrossing the street. When I did not let him, he whaled about getting in the car. He refused to get in, so I had to pick him up and put him in. Then it took another 5 min to get him in his seat, another 5 min to be buckled, screaming all the way. Nobody could talk on the way home, since Nyle was still too upset. He loudly demanded to turn back, repeating his request over and over again. Finally, we got home and I was looking forward to getting out of the car, when Nyle dropped one of the coloring pages he did in the gym. He demanded for me to pick that up for him, once again being so upset he could hardly hold it together. We talked about asking nicely, which he eventually did and I helped him. Now, I thought for sure this situation was over and I can move on with my day.  It was over. Before he could make it inside the house, Nyle crashed  out in the back seat of the van, finally giving up the fight. Boy, I wish there was a way to keep this boy from getting too tired. It would make my life so much easier.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home