Monday, January 21, 2008

My weight loss record

I am so absolutely excited! I have been meaning to shed some pounds from previous pregnancies (especially the last one) and have not succeeded until now. Two weeks ago I decided that I would just buck up and stick with a program. I picked Weight Watchers. A friend of mine gave me some of her old books and I put them to the test. It actually proved to work wonders. Two weeks later and about 7 lb lighter I am feeling more and more excited to stay the course. It's not easy, but I can say that it has been an eye opener. I do have to spend considerable time each day calculating points so I don't eat more than my allotted amount. It has proven useful to write out everything I eat and to notice how much each item "costs" in comparison to each other. I've learned that I can be filled from smaller portions than I used to eat and that I can choose healthier alternatives that are less costly, but still filling. Overall the diet has been a good experience, especially since I can see the results so quickly. The success that I already experienced and the thought of fitting into some of my old clothes are good positive reinforcement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home