Sunday, June 22, 2008

Lydia


Yesterday Lydia's diaper was irritating her, and she finally got excited about wearing underwear again. That's progress.

I get a kick out of Lydia's ability to communicate. She was sitting on the toilet playing with the toilet paper and said to me, "we only need a little one." I was a little confused, although now I think she was talking about a piece of toilet paper. But I asked her, "a little what?" She got a little bit frustrated that the communication wasn't working and finally said, "little means really tiny," as she made a gesture by putting her fingers close together. How amazing. She could explain to me what 'little' means, which she thought I was confused about.

Lydia likes to point out to us things she can't do now but she can do when she's bigger, like saying that she'll cook well when she gets bigger, or that she'll paint or something. Today we watched some videos on Youtube of Shamu and his trainer doing stunts. Lydia asked if she could do that when she's bigger. So here she is at almost 3 years already knowing what she wants to do with her life. Maybe I should ask her for decision-making advise.

Laura and Spencer were here in Seattle visiting us yesterday. Lydia likes both of them very much. She also really enjoys spending time with Grandma and Grandpa (Oregon). The family spent a week there without me while I finished getting our apartment ready at Stanford and doing research. Mom also got Lydia a nice haircut that really looks good on her.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Erik Heiss said...

Speaking of language skills, how is her Russian? I am curious how you guys approach that and how it works.
Kids are so smart. I am sure she would have told Paul the word for little in Russian, but she knew that he didn't know it thus avoiding further confusing her dad.

1:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home