Monday, March 31, 2008

Tyler's new tricks

Our little guy is getting so big. He figured out how to sit up in the last couple of days. He has been pulling himself up for a while, but now he's very efficient at it. Every time I look around, I see him standing and holding onto something new.

Tyler loves to crawl after me as I moves around the house. As he follows me he always repeats "ma-ma-ma-ma-ma". What can I say, Tyler is definitely a mamma's boy and I love it. Today he had so much fun watching what Lydia was doing. His sister climbed under the table and was singing songs. Tyler found her highly amusing--he squealed and laughed as he watched her. Partially, I think he just discovered that he can follow her and be entertained. I am all for that. Have fun, kids! Lydia was not exactly thrilled about him grabbing unto her to pull himself up. But she does pay more attention to her brother now, even if it's pulling him backwards by his legs so he can't get to her favorite toy.

I found Tyler on the stairs today, on the third step. The first attempt to master the staircase was a couple of days ago. Then he only made it up one step. Apparently, he's feeling more confident about his abilities now, and I need to pull out our gate from the storage unit.

Surprisingly, both of our kids have similar temperaments. Tyler very much resembles active and curious little miss Lydia when she was his age. He also loves attention just as much. He will pretty much smile and try to communicate with anyone who's interested. But he's a bit shy, too. Sometimes he wants to go to someone he sees, but then when he turns around and sees me, he decides to come back to me. Then, when someone captures his attention once more, he will dive to get to them, only to discover that now he left his mommy's arms and then, once again, he wants to come back. What a funny kid! He also does not like to be left alone, of course, therefore he does not go down to sleep as easily as Lydia did. Unless he has been knocked out by nursing, he will keep complaining until we do it right (with a bit of holding and singing) and then he's good to go.

It so fun to see kids want to do things their own way. They are so alike (physically as well as in character) and yet, there are totally unique and completely themselves. Watching them express themselves makes me smile. And how I love having a squeezable munchable baby in the house, even if he keep me up at night.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home