Monday, June 01, 2009

Yosemite

This was a fun last minute trip the kids and I decided to take when Paul was off interviewing for a job. Our friends and neighbors invited us to come to Yosemite on Thursday. The following morning we left for a 5 hour trip. Poor bewildered kids had no idea what happened and why they were stuck in the car for so long. But once we got there, they loved it. That evening, after we set up our tent, we went to see a waterfall where we got wet from running into it's mist. Tyler still talks about the waterfall every time he sees our neighbors, David and Mary.

As it got dark, we roasted hot dogs and marshmallows. I had to keep Tyler in check because he kept stealing every one's chocolate---the only part of smores that he cared about. Kids were exhausted that evening. Tyler was screaming when I was trying to dress him for bed, but once I laid him down in the sleeping bag, he fell asleep without moving a muscle. About an hour later, Lydia, to my amazement, just announced that she's tired and going to bed. That never happens. She was out shortly.

I had a hard time sleeping for the fear of bears and concern for the kids getting out of their covers. But we all ended up sleeping in past 8 am. That also never happens. Then we had to pack our stuff and head home, taking an accidental scenic route through the most rural parts of California's orchards. I have to say that the beautiful drive made me question weather I really wanted to move away somewhere else this year. At the end of it all, we were all tired but wonderfully enriched by this short trip. It made me yearn to come back and bring Paul with us this time. But, I am afraid time will not permit it.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home