Saturday, April 11, 2009

New things


I wanted to show off Lydia's creations. She loves making cakes in all shapes and forms: she makes them out of play dough, out of sand and all other materials she can find. She finds new delicious looking pictures in cookbooks and begs me to make it with her. Once in a while we let her.

Today our little girl really wanted to eat crapes for breakfast, but, I was not paying enough attention to what I was doing and mixed up a batter for blintzes. When Lydia spotted my mistake, she was not happy. Oh, no, she was not. She ate the blintzes, though was still begging and pleading that we would make crepes for lunch. I promised that when she was done with her quiet time, we will make crepes. I even tried to to tempt her to make brownies instead, but she refused. So we made crepes.

Lydia and Tyler started a gymnastics class last week. They are in different age groups, but basically are in the same room. They both love it. Lydia loves to do somersaults and swing on the rings. Tyler loves to climb and run like the wind on the tumbling track. He looks so funny and unbalanced as he dashes back and forth, but seems to maintain his vertical position just fine.

Rainbow school has also been added to our daily routine. When Lydia found out she would go there, we told her that she had to practice going potty on the toilet to make sure she did not have any accidents. I don't think I have ever seen such cooperation from Lydia before. The first day of school when I came to get her, she looked at me and said very sternly "What are you doing here?" Well, I guess I could say she already fully adjusted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home