Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Pushing the limits

This post is about Tyler. But it's not about him pushing the limits. It's about me pushing the limits with him.

We were at a playground a block from our new place here in Princeton. Tyler was sitting in a baby swing and wanted me to push him. I kept pushing him higher and higher, and he was loving it. He asked for more, and I'd push as him as high as I could dare, but nothing fazed him.

Then I had another fun idea. I spun him in a circle, winding up the chain, and then let him spin as it untangled. Still, nothing. No shrieks of horror or even signs of panic. So I tried to spin him more, but it still wouldn't go very fast. Then I realized the secret. If I lifted him as I spun him then not only could I twist a lot further, but now the chain twists up in a way that builds up a lot of potential energy.

When I let him go this time his head was flinging back and he quickly burst out, "I'm too busy! I'm too busy!" I couldn't stop laughing at that.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home