Sunday, January 31, 2010

Little boy Tyler

Tyler is such a fun little kid. He is so adorable and so mischievous. Two incidents happened this past week and I could not pass up writing about them.

A friend of ours invited us to come to a local gym for their free play hour. I thought the kids would be thrilled. When we got there, more people showed up then we expected and we could tell that the kids were going to have so much fun together. The gym leader was trying to involve kids with some activities, so they would nor run wild. I got distracted watching the kids going through obstacle course when I turned around and saw my Tyler in the mid-dive position from one gym mat to another. Those mats where at least 3 feet tall and at least 2 feet apart. It was a picture perfect moment, though I was not thinking of pictures at the time. I was in shock. I KNOW Tyler is pretty fearless, but I still could not believe he did that. I was distracted for only a couple of minutes!

So the second incident happened at Home Depot. I was buying some hardware for our bathroom and specifically told the kids to stay close. Lydia was standing next to me the whole time, while Tyler was exploring boxed toilets behind me. The where packaged so I, once again took a few minute to make up my mind of what I was going to get. When I turned around, Tyler was gone. I went in a little tunnel between the boxes where he was standing. Not a sign of my little boy. I started calling his name and heard a happy little voice, but could not pinpoint the direction. I thought he might be on the other side of the isle. How big was my surprise when I looked up and saw my son's smiling face looking at me from the the third shelf of home depot racks. He as laying on top of the merchandise. I could not even reach that high. I got stern with him and told him to get down, uncertain that he would be able to do so. Then I found a spot between the boxes where he was. There the boxes sort of made a step. He climbed up there and then used steel shelf frames as a climbing structure to get to the top. There was a family with 4 kids in the isle with me. You had to see the shock on their faces when they saw Tyler on top of the those plastic bottles on the third shelf. To tell the truth, I did not know whether I should laugh or cry. The good thing is, he got down, pretty much all by himself and was totally fine. That little rascal!
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home