Monday, September 27, 2010

Grandma's Visit

Vivian wrote the following about the things she enjoyed from the trip:

I had fun taking Lydia to school each morning and picking her up,
especially once her attitude changed. (She did not want to go to
school - dragging her feet, crying. All it took was a "star" chart
and she was good as new). She looked so cute in her pink sunglasses.
A little miss! Another favorite activity of ours was looking through
Mom's dessert cook book. This was almost as fun as eating the
desserts, (or you would have thought from the delight she got from
it).

Tyler is such a cuddly bear. We had fun jumping on the trampoline.
(Boy, am I out of shape!). I came up with a great game, the "sleeping
tiger," which allowed me to lay down and pretend to be sleeping,
reaching out to grab them as they ran by. That was a life saver! I
went several times to Terhune Orchards, or "Turkey Orchards" as Tyler
calls it, his favorite place. Every time he sees the tractors it's as
if it's the first time he's seen them - "Oh! Look at the tractors!"
Favorite sayings by Tyler: "Oh my gosh!!" "Infinity and beyond!"
(Buzz Light year quote), "Dyou wanna jump on the twampoline?!"

And of course the other highlight for me was holding the cuddly new
bundle - Nyle! Couldn't get enough of him.

What a beautiful little family. It makes me feel so good knowing that
they are growing up in such a healthy, loving environment. Mom and
Dad are sure doing a good job helping these kids feel good about
themselves. Such patience! More than I ever had.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home