Saturday, March 17, 2012

St. Patrick's Day

Lydia was so exciting about St. Patrick's Day.  I was very surprised to see that. When I was a kid, it was always an afterthought for me. Lydia woke up on Thursday morning and told me she had dreamed about eating the Lucky Charms that Mom bought (which they had never had before and couldn't eat until St. Patrick's Day).  By Thursday night and Friday morning she was so excited she was giddy talking about what the leprechaun might do to her classroom (he has a tendency to mess their classroom up for them). Then on Friday and Saturday she was talking about the best day ever.

Today (Saturday), the actual St. Patrick's Day, I woke up early to make a work call to India to a prospective student, and while I was up the leprechaun visited our house.  He hid shoes all around the house, spelled "Hi" out of green building blocks, and left some chocolate gold nuggets.  I'm surprised I didn't see him while I was up.  The kids were thrilled by the visit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home