Thursday, August 10, 2006

Scrapbook party and EQ meeting

Tonight, Larisa had a Stamp-it-up scrapbook party here at the house. She was pretty excited about it, but none of her friends were able to make it. Too bad. She got the house all spick-and-span and prepared some snacks for everyone to enjoy. At least Kirsha came with some friends (her sister is the one selling the stuff).

I was gone at an Elder's Quorum presidency meeting tonight. We're still waiting for a new president to be called now that Peter Carlston moved out of the ward. I think it will be Michael Blakemore (the current first councilor). We'll see.

Today I came up with a new information theory problem. I'm not sure how much consequence this new idea will have, but it seems to me like a nice, fundamental problem. From what I've heard, making an impact in theory is all about asking the right questions.

Yesterday I finally gave the Book of Mormon to Rafael Ulate. I went to his office with the book and a pamphlet about Joseph Smith. He asked me questions about the church and our beliefs for an hour and a half. Being a philosophy and religion major as an undergrad, he had a lot of questions to ask. His questions ranged from the Bible and Book of Mormon to missionaries, church organization, worship services, and the Godhead. We had a lot of fun. I invited him to church but he didn't sound interested in that at the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home