Monday, April 06, 2009

Funny kid stories

I have to record a couple of fun kids stories before I forget them.

I went to Illinois (UIUC) last week for a few days. When the family came to pick me up at the airport, Lydia gave me a hug and hushed me because she was listening to Jamaima Puddleduck in the car stereo. They've been listening to that several times this past week. When I asked her what the story is about, she said that the fox and the dog got together and ate the eggs. Larisa had to fill me in on the background. Apparently the story involves a duck laying eggs and a bad fox who wants to eat them, but in the end the dogs eat the eggs. Well, after several times of listening through the story, Lydia finally asked Larisa about the eggs. "The fox ate the eggs, right?" When Larisa told her that the dogs ate the eggs, Lydia was shocked and brought to tears, insisting that it was the fox. So then she decided that actually the dogs and the fox got together and ate the eggs (probably the fox talked them into it, I assume).

Today we cut Tyler's hair. He looks cute. Tonight we were getting ready to read a book, and Tyler went off on a talking spree. "Nemo," "Shaw" (shark), "Wayow" (whale), "boat," "tudo" (turtle), "ate," "Dowi" (Dori), and then back to Nemo and shark and so on. We laid down with our heads on the toy couch, and he was very particular that were on his left rather than his right (if we were on the wrong side he'd push our head off the couch). He was very excited to tell us the story, and we kept repeating back to him everything he said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home