Thursday, February 24, 2011

Little tragedies

 

DSC_4784

DSC_4785

DSC_4786

In my opinion, one thing that any mother dreads is the day her kid tells her that he does not love her anymore. For me that day arrived yesterday without any warning. What I did not expect was that it would come from my second child first.

We were cleaning up a mess the kids made in the basement. They kicked and screamed about how long it would take to clean up all the rice. Lydia started enjoying the vacuuming experience after a little while and kept wanting to do Tyler’s part. Tyler, a more unwilling participant, kept running away from the job until he received 3 warnings which meant no dessert that evening. He was sad and mad at the same time. That’s when he pulled out the guns, “Mommy I just don’t love you anymore”. ! I told him that I love him a lot, but that did not change his mind, of course. When Paul came home, Tyler rehearsed the whole story to him, including his “Mommy I don’t love you anymore” declaration. Sad day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home