Sunday, February 20, 2011

Rooster, mud and apples

We are experiencing long awaited reminders that the Spring will eventually make its way over here. It was in the 60s for a couple of days, and that made me feel that I could actually hold my breath for Spring. I might pass out in the process, but will probably make it.

Not wanting to miss a minute of this we went to play at Turhune Orchards. Kids and I wore boots to make sure we can enjoy the mud to its fullest. Tyler found the deepest puddle (of course) and jumped in it until his pants were soaked. We barricaded streams and got almost stuck in the gooey mud. It was fabulous!

Lydia wanted to feed and pet all the animals. We got some corn nibblets for the geese, guiney hens, ducks and the goats who butted and/or chased each other out of the way to get to the food. At the farm house store, Lydia loved hanging with the cats, dogs and the goose named Egg. There was also a tiny-winy rooster who performed a cock-a-doodle-do for us. Tyler, Nyle and I went into the store to buy some things.  After we stepped inisde, Lydia was still on the porch playing with the local cats. Then I heard her voice make an unnaturally low sound, sort of alarming, but more shocked than distressed. Upon arriving on the scene I found Lydia making wide circles around the tiny-winy rooster. As it turned out, she got too close and he went into combat mode.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home