Thursday, October 28, 2010

Forgetting Head

I took Lydia to school yesterday. Our common routine is that we're almost ready to go and then Lydia takes a long time getting her socks on or something. She gets distracted very easily. This time I told her to hurry and get her socks on, and she got upset because she doesn't like to hurry. In the car on the way to school I explained why she ends up being rushed, and that if she'd finish getting herself ready before playing she wouldn't have to hurry at the end. I told her that she knows what she needs to do to get ready for school. Then she plead, "I can't think of everything I need to do because my head is just a forgetting head."

Later in the day she cheered up when I came to eat lunch with her. She's been asking me to do that, so I surprised her. I walked in to the lunch room to look for her and she spotted me first. She was sitting with her friend Elsie with a shy grin on her face. I ate lunch with them and went to the playground. All of her friends tried to get my attention the whole time, to show me all the Halloween decorations and the have me watch them on the playground. But Lydia got the most attention from me. It was fun.

1 Comments:

Blogger Diana said...

We had a little rhyme...Put your socks socks on butter...flyyyy. Not sure where we heard it but it still works! Glad to "see" you through this blog. Hi to the whole Cuff Family! From the Kunz Family.

9:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home