Wednesday, March 09, 2011

The Kids Never Lose

Time to take the kids to Vegas. They never miss getting heads for dessert. Let me explain.

We started using an idea for dessert for the kids. After they finish eating dinner, they get to flip a coin to see if they get dessert. We got this idea from Tushar Shah at Morgan Stanley. The idea is that they will learn not to cut the meal short for dessert because sometime they won't get it and will end up hungry.

Anyway, I've seen them flip the coin about 15 or 20 times now, and I've never seen them flip tails. They always get dessert. It's pretty amazing actually. Larisa has been done it with them on some nights when I haven't been home, when they flipped tails. But not when I'm around.

Actually, I saw them flip tails once when we first started doing this. It was the second time, and Tyler already had an idea. He held the coin with heads up and tossed it gently on the table. It happened to work and get heads. But I stepped in and told him he can't do it that way (I should have just let it go and corrected it the next time). So when Tyler flipped again he got tails and started crying. I gave in, because I felt like a party-pooper for making him flip again, and I let him flip one last time. He got heads, and they ate dessert. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home