Sunday, March 27, 2011

Long treck

Yesterday was a remarkable day in my life. I ran 12 miles for the first time (I would have like to say that it would be my last, but the race is still ahead of me.) I am aching all over and wondering if I will ever want to train for a half marathon again. Back when I signed up for this, I did not know the consequences (the aftermath of these long runs). I am looking forward to being done and going back to pleasurable 5-7 mile runs (it sounds funny, I know).

I can say that I have been enjoying myself, except yesterday (That last mile seemed to last forever).  I remember all the milestones, mile 5, mile 7 and so on. I learned that I love running outside. Seeing the blue sky and having a destination in mind helps me stay the course and actually enjoy myself. Running on a treadmill is just depressing--- staring at the walls and going nowhere. Even watching movies does not help. In some small way, it's like having a baby. Once the discomfort (to put it mildly) is great enough, distractions do very little to take your mind off of it. While running, good music is the only thing that keeps the adrenaline pumping, and therefore my feet going. Even then, I am always too happy to hop off the treadmill.

Well, a couple more 10-milers and I am ready to race!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home