Sunday, August 20, 2006

Summer activities

Lydia is now almost one year old. She already has five teeth, and she is so adorable. She likes to grab my tongue if I stick it out. Then even if I put it back in my mouth she'll reach in my mouth to get it. Today when she poked her finger in my mouth to touch my tongue she kept scratching it pretty hard. I didn't realize that my tongue was so sensitive until this afternoon I noticed that it's got marks all over it and it hurts.

Tonight we watched "The Benchwarmers." Despite some funny parts, it's one of those movies that you don't know who it was made for. Too much crude humor for kids (and for me); too much silliness for adults (and for me). Oh well.

Last week I had thought of a definition for a three-way mutual information that I would like to find meaning for. It's led me to ask several very interesting and difficult questions. Tom Cover, Young-han Kim, and Haim Permuter discussed these with me yesterday. My anticipation is off and on about whether or not this will lead anywhere useful.

Also, we found out that my first conference paper (with Haim) was accepted to the Allerton conference. That means Larisa and I will be able to go to Illinois and visit Matthew and Summer and family. My parents will also go, and we'll go on a church history tour while we're on that side of the country.

I've been on a computer frenzy lately, organizing and updating. I've also been trying to learn to use Linux and Mac OS. I'd like to be more computer savvy. At the same time, I'm concerned with backing up our important content like photos, so I'm working on figuring that out. I hear that Google might be coming out with a system backup utility to back up everything to their servers. Wouldn't that be great. I'm really becoming a fan of Google. The would be the only big company I can think of that I wouldn't mind working for after graduation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home