Sunday, May 01, 2011

Forward progress

DSC_5269

Little baby Nyle is growing up so fast, it’s making me sad. We’ve been having so much fun watching him progress through all the baby stages. He is truly a God’s present. He’s always so cheerful and happy, it bolsters my spirits. He has been sleeping through the night from about 4 months on (I mean 11 hours in a row, sleeping through the night). We all love him to pieces.

Here are some things that Nyle loves. He loves to try to suck on Tyler’s face when he gets to close. That usually results into “Nyow” exclamation. He also loves for mommy to hold him. He’s become a bit attached lately. He loves to roll around with and try to bite Daddy. He loves when Lydia plays “Boo” or sings to him. Nyle also likes to shake his head and then have someone repeat the motion. That exchange can go on for a long time before he will decide to stop.

Our little baby has been rolling all over the floor for about a month now. Last week, he has perfected his standing-on-all-four act. I watched him trying to shift his weight forward and try to move his arms. These attempts usually ended in a belly flop, which did not deter him from trying it again and again. A couple of days ego, Nyle scaled the small step that divides our family room and kitchen. Today, though, came a real delight and a shocker.

We were sitting down eating dinner. Nyle was playing on the floor in the family room, which was on the other side of the kitchen table from where I was sitting. Next thing I know, he is on his stomach next to my chair, arching his back to look up at me, all excited. I could not believe he crawled over the step and all around the table to get to me. That’s my boy! Time to pull out the gates and do some serious baby-proofing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home