Monday, August 28, 2006

Sunday night recap

I can't believe how long it has been since I wrote last entry. Well things have been going great! Summer is at its end, but I would not mind to prolong it for a while. It seems like I wait for summers for so long, and they just come and go too quickly. Well, I guess time does go fast when you're enjoying it.

Paul has been on my case for a while to motivate me to go exercising. I always talk about how great it would be lose some pounds, but I don't put any effort in actually accomplishing it. Deborah and I go exercising together, but its not as regular as I would like. So in the last 2 weeks I have been to the gym minimum of 4 and maximum of 5 days a week and it has been great. I am actually getting hooked and looking forward to the next time. My first half an hour is spent on elliptical machines where I really try to push myself. I can watch the machine count the calories that I am burning and I have gone from burning 250 calories in 35 minutes to 415 in about 32. When I see that kind of progress, I get really encouraged. Another half an hour I spend doing strengths exercises, some on the exercise ball, some on the weight machines. So far the only thing that has done for me is made me aware of how many muscles there are in my body and they can all be sore at the same time. In all honesty, I can feel the difference, but can't really measure it or explain how. So I am on a roll and hope to stay there.

It has been really fun to watch Lydia discover new things lately. She figures things out so quickly. I showed her how to whistle and next thing I know she's blowing into the whistle in the back seat. We bought her a new toy and it took her about 30 seconds to figure out how to work it. She picks up blocks and throws them into the right opening, and little giraffe toy rewards her with a simple tune. Also Lydia rolls the ball to me and transfers little toys from one container to another. The other day we went to a playground which had fountains and she loved it. That was not any other regular playground, it had fountains that spray out of the ground. Lydia would run around them, afraid to go in, but making as much noise as if she was really getting sprayed. By the end she would actually stick her hands in the fountains.

I just have to mention Lydia's love for food. She loves eating, especially fruit, and especially peach. If she sees one, she gets giddy. She wants to grab it and eat it herself, holding it and biting it like a big girl. We went to a farmer's market with her and she enjoyed it immensely. I even have a cute fruit-stained jumpsuit to prove it. Everywhere we went, merchants offered a free sample of their produce, and Lydia was more than happy to oblige. Like Grandpa would say, what a chow-hound!

Also, I am trying to find the time to learn the Speed Cleaning technique that my friend has introduced me to. It seems like it really saves time and I want to keep the house in good clean order. So maybe this weeks I can actually look over the book, get some supplies and get on it.

Well, its too late on Sunday and my exercise program awaits me bright and early tomorrow morning, so I better get to bed.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi people
I do not know what to give for Christmas of the to friends, advise something ....

8:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home