Saturday, September 02, 2006

Changes in Lydia


About a week ago I noticed a change in Lydia. She no longer struggles when we put her down to sleep. There used to always be the obligatory cry once we laid her down and left the room. If she was tired she would stop crying after about a minute and fall asleep. Otherwise she would stay up crying off and on for quite a while (up to 15-30 minutes). Now, it's completely different. She seems to know what's coming, and when I set her down she just turns to her stomach and goes to sleep.

Larisa pointed out another change. Lydia is more demanding now, with little tantrums if she's frustrated. She's always been demanding about food. As soon as she sees the food or sits in the high-chair she starts squealing until the first bite. But now it's extended to some other things. She loves playing with our cell phones, so yesterday when she was pushing buttons and I decided to stop her from calling 911 or those inconvenient toll-numbers that T-mobile has preprogrammed into the phone, I shut the phone and gave it back to her. That used to work, but this time she understood and started a big powty face. Then she handed the phone back to me. I gave it back to her to cheer her up, but she insisted on giving it back to me. Finally I opened it back up and gave it back to her. Like a switch, she immediately cheered up and was giggling again.

It's amazing that her communication skill have increased so much. She hands us things when she wants us to do something with them. Usually it just means she wants us to open it. Like a few minutes ago when she handed me a bag of cheerios that she found. As soon as I opened it, she reached in to grab some.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home